Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

legacy commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

esperanzita

Aerospace
Jan 21, 2015
US
Hello everyone!

I´m working with NX 9 and using some legacy commands to edit drawings in NX 7 or NX 8.5 version
But I´m worry because I´m not sure if in one point or version legacy commands will disappear and then I won´t be able to edit my old drawings anymore

Does anyone know if legacy commands will disappear?

Nadia

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If these legacy commands are the ONLY way that your older Drawings can be edited, then it's very likely that they will never be removed. Now if these are being used to perform some sort of operation or task for which there are current functions that are fully able to perform, even on legacy files, then yes, they might someday be declared fully obsolete and removed. Note that if there are plans to do that, we usually provide a warning to that effect appended to the description of the function and even then we usually wait at least two full cycles with the warning in place before an irreversible action is taken.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back