Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lifting and Tilting Mechanisms

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelaphani

Mechanical
Nov 22, 2002
IN
Hi Guys,

We are designing and manufacturing baggage scanners normally used in Airports to screen passenger bags for contrabands. One of my requiremnt is I have to rotate the machine at site by 90deg before taking inside and installing at said location, because of the RCC beams ht is lower than machine ht. Beam ht is 1.9mt, my m/c ht is 2.3mt ht and 1.4mt width, depth no constrain, but wt of the m/c is 3000kgs. Can any one suggest how to rotate this m/c, it should not slip while rotating. Fork lift rotators will be some how ok, but these fork lifts also taller than 1.9mt, so that I can't use and also my task is to make it by low cost design. Any one have any idea pl pass to me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had an odd idea. What about bolting a semi-circle with a 1.15m radius to either side and "rotating" it upright. Could just cut it out of an aluminum plate and possibly add some holes to reduce the weight to allow for easier handling. Is the CG close to the center or towards the bottom? This would determine how controllable it will be while positioning.

ISZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back