Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo30

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2004
GB
Hi all,
Can anybody help me, i am using inventor 11 (not professional) and am looking to create 2D drawings which have the thick and thin line technique. (Thick on outside edges thinner when two faces are visible.) Can anybody point me in the direction of settings if this is possible.

Cheers

Stevo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi aardvarkdw,
Thanks for that suggestion which is one way around it, i wonder though can the views automatically do this when they are placed?

??
Stevo

Stevo,

Try this, go to format in your tool bar, select standards, select the "common" tab. You can set up the line weights there for the individual line types but it wont allow you to adjust for line placement. I am assuming from your question that this is for technical illustration purposes? What you can do is if you get things set up more or less how you want it to be you can then save the drawing as "standard" in your templates folder and then every drawing you create from that template will have your settings.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back