Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Lined pump vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justabitconfused

Industrial
Oct 4, 2011
GB
Hello all, I have been looking, so far unsuccessfully, for PFA/PTFE lined centrifugal pump to do a duty of around 210m3/hr flow and ~75m differential head. All the vendors I've tried cannot do a pump for this duty. Does anyone know of a vendor who can do this please? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is there a reason you need a lined pump? How about a complete non-metallic pump? I'm assuming you are looking for corrosion control here. Durco(Flowserve), Goulds, Fibroc, and I would think scads of others could supply one.

COuld you enlighten on the service and why you want this PFA/PTFE lined pump?

Thanks for the interest. I am being advised by our materials guy that a non metallic construction is required on account of the wide variation in ph and chemical make up of the chemical effluent (lots of aggressive chlorides etc...) that we are going to be pumping to the site battery limits. The discharge piping is lined PVDF and is a long run to the effluent treatment faciity. I have been looking at a lined metallic pump since plastic constuction pumps are unlikely to be able to meet the discharge pressure we need which is over 8 barg. Therefore a lined metallic pump is required. I have looked at Durco, KSB, Goulds etc.. and the differential head/flow combination (210m3hr/75m) is outside of their plastic lined and plastic ranges. I am discussing if an exotic metallic material can be found that has an acceptable corrosion resistance but this is likely to be very expensive compared to lined pumps. If it is the only option I can find then I'll have to go with it. Other than that, I can only think of using two lined pumps in series but this would take up real estate that we don't have! Thanks again.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look at them now. I looked at Richter and it was not within their range as far as I could see. It seems 75m head is a bit on the high side for plastic pumps at that flow rate as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back