Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link modified solid part with dwg

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnab

Automotive
May 1, 2006
US
I have solid part name called "X.CATpart" & associated "X.CATdwg" with many diemensions included.

For the same solid part "X", I received modified soild geometry with different part name.

Now, I just want to incorporate only changes to dwg & thats why I tried to save the new modified part with X.CATpart but doesn't allow me to do so!

Can someone tell me how do i incorporate only changes with modified solid geometry & part name to dwg rather than making a dwg again?

(The modified part, received from the customer & hence having different name)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Need more help, I tried to look into properties but couldn't find any info.

You want me change solid part file link or dwg link or new modified solid part link? considering -

Original solid Part X. CATPART & dwg X.CATDwg

New modifie part with new part name Y.CATPART (Its same as X but having minor changes)

step by step answer would be appreciated.

In the drawing, go to EDIT, LINKS. Select the Pointed Documents Tab. Select the 3-D file that you want to replace. Select Replace. Select the new file. Update your views.

If you receive an error message "the document refused the link", then you are SOL and will need to re-draw the drawing.

catiajim

What does SOL mean, is this VB related error?
I get the message "the document refused the link" when I try...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back