link text box to excel sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELSARWAN

Civil/Environmental
Jan 25, 2015
EG
dear experts ,

i want to link text box with cell in order to make the cell read the numerical values from the text box to use this value in the sheet equations,
thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Are you putting a UserForm between the user and the sheet in Excel? If you need that level of control, then in my opinion, why use Excel? Use Access, for instance, where the user really ought not be messing in the data. But Excel is designed for users to interact directly with the data with a limited amount of interference.

So why can't the user enter the values in individual cells that are used in your equation?

If you need those cells to be isolated from the equation, then use a button with a macro assigned to put the values into the equation on command.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

I don't entirely agree with Skip. I tend to use data entry directly on the spreadsheet myself (in fact I use forms so rarely I had to do a search to remind myself how they work), but if you want to use a data entry form, that doesn't mean you should be using Access. In my opinion setting up an engineering application in Excel is way easier than using any database program, especially if you are not familiar with the other programs.

The link below seems to cover the procedure pretty well:

Alternatively you could set up the form directly on the spreadsheet using formatting and cell protection.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

thanks guys for your response :) ,
but what i mean is link text box in excel sheet to specific cell in the same sheet,because i have complicated geometry in the excel sheet and i intend to but the text box at each side of that shape so the user can easily write the value without any confusion and i want to link those text boxes with excel sheet cells to use them in the equations
i try this code but i didn't work

Sub Try()
Range(A1).Value = ActiveSheet.TextBoxes("TextBox1").Value
End Sub

so any suggestions for this issue!!!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back