Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Linking custom propeties 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onionterror

Bioengineer
Apr 4, 2012
GB
I have started a new job and want to implement the use of custom properties in part mode to then populate the drawing border in drawing mode.

I have started to look at custom property builder. I, however, don't know how to link the custom properties I enter in part mode to drawing mode.

What do I need to do so I see the details I enter in part mode in the drawing border?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you click on the 'link to property' box, make sure the radio button is on either 'model in view specified.....' or 'component to which the annotation is attached'.

Thanks.

I've got the sheet format to talk to the part and its details i've entered in part mode. However, I want to save the sheet format to always read from the part. When I check "model in view..." (when there is no model in view as i'm just configuring the sheet standard sheet format) it does not stay checked. It defaults back to current document.

Any ideas?

Create your drawing template by using a real part and a real drawing then do a Save As to drawing template. The template will not keep references to a particular part file, but it be setup to reference the properties of whatever part that drawing is linked to.

- - -Updraft

Now I have all my custom custom properties and sheet formats saved. I have come to do multisheet drawings. Sheet 2 is not linked to the model in Sheet 1. I'm sure i've sorted this in the past but how do I default it to link subsequent sheets to Sheet 1?

Thanks

Sheet 2 is not linked to the model in Sheet 1
That is the intended function.

When you linked the properties, you used the Model in view specified in sheet properties option, correct? That means whatever model is placed onto the sheet first, is the one used to populate that sheet's linked annotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back