Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Liquid Level In The Wellbore

Status
Not open for further replies.

welltest1

Petroleum
Jul 15, 2010
CA
I have surface pressure, surface temperature and return time (surface to liquid level back to surface) from field testers. Data acquisition occurred from the time the well was shut-in through the pressure build-up. I have all the necessary information required to calculate the liquid level in meters (wellbore information, reservoir temperature, gas properties). I am looking for a better software that will allow me to calculate liquid level in meters for all sorts of conditions (deep, shallow oil / gas wells, CO2 flood resevoirs). I have one right now that works well for shallow gas wells (essentially uses Cullender and Smith correlations), but it is not sufficient for the various types of wells and reservoir conditions I work with. Acoustic velocity (m/s) is not linear in these pressure build-ups and need a software that will calculate this for each corresponding pressure and temperature data so that I can in turn calculate liquid level in meters. Hope this makes sense. It's a bit late and I've already worked all day. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm afraid I can't help, but we use echo meters in some of our wells to find liquid level in the annulus: perhaps if you spoke to the people who make echo meters, they could help?

Thank you. I have been using Echometer's AWP2000 BHP Calculator (free download)for the past 5 years now for various comparisons with other software I have, but it only calculates acoustic velocity for one point. I suppose that is why it is free as it is a "teaser" to enquire for more. I will enquire with Echometer about multi-point calculations as the well builds up and changes conditions. Or at least see if they have a trial version. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back