Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List of US Lattice Tower Manufacturer for Overhead Transmission Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

engagarcia

Structural
Feb 15, 2010
ES
I am Industrial Engineer and I would like to know where can i find a list or directory of the main manufacturer of transmission Tower in USA. It is very difficult to find Tower Manufacturer in google. I have a list from India, Turkey, China, but i need to know in USA and Canadá. Does anybody know tower design software like PLS-TOWER, MSTOWER or STAAD PRO??? Thanks for all

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Off the top of my head, Thomas and Betts has a partnership with Fabrimet in Canada to do lattice towers. Falcon Steel in Texas has a lattice tower division. I think Valmont has a lattice line somewhere in their large organization. Lockweld in Canada is a supplier to the USA. Comemsa in Mexico supplies lattice towers. SAE Towers in Houston has fabrication somewhere but I don't think it is in the USA but I might be wrong. There is another firm in Monterrey Mexico whose name escapes me right now.

There are several tubular pole manufacturers like T&B, Valmont, FWT, Sabre, etc that do transmission poles.

PLS-Tower is probably the leader in tower software and I maintain about 5,000 tower and pole models we use in PLS-CADD.

Thank you for your response,but I am looking for Overhead Transmission Line Towers Manufacturers, many of the list are tubular pole manufacturer for Communication. For Example SAE Towers is one of the Most Important Manufacturer all over the world, but I think, there will be more manufacturer in USA.

GuyMast is a software for communication towers, i need another software like STAAD PRO or MSTower.

Thanks

The fabrication of lattice towers is dwindling in the USA. There used to be Riverside Industries, Muskogee Iron Works, Falcon Steel, and several others that have been bought and closed or just went out of business. It is tough to compete with Europe and South America. (Falcon steel is still in business )

SAE Towers has an office in Houston but fabs in Brazil and Mexico
You might contact TVA, WAPA, BPA, and the Bureau of Reclamation which are federal agencies that put up lots of lattice T-Lines to see where they buy towers. The PLS-CADD web site might be a source of contacts.

I'm not sure if Staad has a transmission tower module, but GTStrudl does have the code for checking member capacities. I have not heard of MSTower.

As I posted above, PLS-Tower has probably about 90% of the market in the USA with their PLS-CADD line design software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back