Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LWNRF FLANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEHasan

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2005
AU
What is the code/standard that is followed for the manufacture of Long Weld Neck Raised Face (LWNRF) flanges?

The following dimensions of LWNRF flanges are as per ASME / ANSI B16.5 standard: -
- Diameter of flange
- Thickness of flange
- Raised face of flange
- Diameter of bolt circle
- Diameter of bolt holes
- Number of bolts

Neck thickness or bore of Weld Neck Raised Face (WNRF) flanges matches with the pipe schedule, which conforms to ASME B36.10 standard.

To what standard does neck thickness and bore of Long Weld Neck Raised Face (LWNRF) flanges conform to?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No national standards that I know of: only client standards.
Normally the bore is exactly equal to the nominal diameter and the neck outer diameter is the same as the X dimension of B16.5.
If you find a vendor with pieces on stock, then they will give you the dimensions they have, but normally LWN's are fabricated on demand, at least in my experience.

prex

Online tools for structural design

Flange Suppliers

• Forged Vessel Connections: Long weld necks, heavy barrels, etc. Where to buy them.
• Lenape Forge, Inc.: Lenape's comprehensive 135,000 square foot plant can meet nearly any forging need. On-site operations include forging, heat treating, machining and physical/chemical testing.
• Longweldneck.com: Online catalog for long weld necks, heavy barrels, etc.

long weld neck flanges were included in the 2003 issue of ASME B16.5, see paragraph 2.8 " Straight Hub Welding Flanges".

Other Standard that you can consult is the ASME 16.47, Large Diameter Steel Flanges - NPS 26 through NPS 60, but I don´t know which is the actual or last edition.

ASME B16.47 does not cover Long Weld Neck Raised Face (LWNRF) flanges.

ASME B16.47 covers Series "A" and "B" flanges (Weld Neck, Slip-On & Blind) of large diameter above 24 inches.

those flanges are mfd in conformance with the proper ANSI Std, I do not believe theat there can be any deviation to the Code of construction,
the Schedules of matching piping must be included in the Std.
gb

Flange Suppliers

• Forged Vessel Connections: Long weld necks, heavy barrels, etc. Where to buy them.
• Lenape Forge, Inc.: Lenape's comprehensive 135,000 square foot plant can meet nearly any forging need. On-site operations include forging, heat treating, machining and physical/chemical testing.

• Longweldneck.com: Online catalog for long weld necks, heavy barrels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back