Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machine to paint a stripe…

Status
Not open for further replies.

quizzical1

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2004
US
Hi All,

Looking for an automated machine that can paint a stripe on a 2” diameter pipe x 3” long via rotation 360 degrees.
Preferably automated so it can be loaded via a 3 jaw chuck and press a button while worker builds the next assembly.

TIA

Q~

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you really want to think about either outsourcing this on mass or doing it in a batch operation for hundreds at a time, then clean the in gun and leave it until you manufacture a bunch more.

This one at a time thing for such a basic looking widget seems very inefficient.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

why track year of manufacture ? why do you need to know "this nut was in year "x" ?

why not track year of installation ? (with a spray can, after installation) would have the advantage of being a bit of a "witness mark" if the bolt started to loosen.

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

EdStainless, thank you for the sources - i'll check them out

LittleInch - I hear ya - just relaying what was "preferred" by Production Mgmt.

rb1957 - need to know the year of mfr because they are supposed to come back for rebuild every 2 years (it's an assembly with ejection springs loaded internally). Cannot rely on customer to mark after installation.

still think spray painting the installed nut accomplishes what you seem to want.

What are these assemblies like ? small, large ? dozens, millions ?
In the aircraft world we would serialise the assemblies and the number would do the tracking.

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back