Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Machinist sayings or "quotes" 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearhunter

Industrial
Jul 9, 2002
US
My Students would like to get some t-shirts made showing there pride in being a machinist. Does any one have a good saying or quote. Serious or funny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

An oldy:

"The main difference between an Engineer and a Machinist..."

"The Engineer washes his hands after using the urinal. The Machinist doesn't pee on his hands".

--
Bill

When im in a hurry to do something always seems to be someone telling me "Rome wasnt built in a day"

my reply "I wasnt on that job!"

Ken

"....I cut it twice and it's still too short. I'd better cut it again..."

Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe. F.Z.

When our quality manager came out to the machines , he couldn't stand hearing......"They don't check too bad if you don't check em to good".

Just some idea's.

1) It was so sad, when we turned the new century, I saw
on TV, things that where thought to be the worlds/century's greatest inventions. Such things as airplanes, computers, TV,Transister and many more. But never ever did the word "machine tools" or milling machine or lathe come up. It amazes me that no one seems to know, that without machine tools and us fools that run them, that no one on the face of this earth would have much more than leaves and animal skins to wear, and no modern conveniences what so ever. Machine tools make the machines and tools that make everything you use daily and buy at any store. With out us dirty greasy machinist and mechanics. Your world as you know it would cease to exist.

2) Next time you drive your car. Stop and think. If there were no machinist's. There would be no car.

3) When sitting in your home and look around. Can you see anything that was not in some way touched by a machine of some sort? Without us machinists, your house and all thats in it, would not appear as it does. Just look at some old
photos of the wild west. But even then there where machined items. Without us machinists you would be living in the stone age.

This is fun isn't it???

My two cents :

MINE IS NOT TO ASK WHY
MINE IS JUST TO TOOL AND DIE !

NUT SCREWS WASHERS AND BOLTS!
(a little risque but quite a fav.)

WE LEAD AND QUILL

NO BUGS BO BYTES :)) !

Regards,

-vhs

Just a few more I thought of:
1-You really expect me to machine it that fast and still hold those kinds of tolerances!? Ok, but it's gonna cost ya extra.
2-Screw, Butt, Ball, Tailstock, and Dead Nuts. Gotta love a Machinist's vocabulary.
3-GOD must've been a Machinist with a killer piece of stock.
4-I am a Machinist. I didn't envision, plan, or design this part. But if you leave me alone long enough, I'll make it work.
5-(Still my favorite) I am a Machinist. My ability to create is limited only by your inability to envision (imagine).
6-The Hindenburg and the Titanic. Don't blame the Machinists. We just make whatever the Enigneers design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back