Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintaining Relative Humidity Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsadiq

Mechanical
Aug 5, 2004
AU
Hello,
We have a drying process where we have to maintain different values of Relative Humidity values in a day. That is, 80% RH from 0900 hrs to 2000 hrs, 60% RH from 2000 hrs to 2300 hrs and 40% RH from 2300 hrs to 0900 hrs. I'm unable to find a humidity controller that can be programmed in this fashion. Can you please mention some specific product for this purpose.
Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can use any stand-alone DDC controller to accomplish this. The controller can be programmed to schedule the various humidity set points and times. Manufacturers: Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Alerton, Automated Logic.

Thanks for your reply walkes. I was actually looking for some stand alone equipment that can handle the above mentioned situation. I've found one "Extended Digital Controller" from Johnson Controls which can be checked at this url. Can you verify for me that this controller will work? Also, this seems to be an expensive device, so any suggestions for a cheaper solution?
Thanks

What you want to do is get a points list then select an appropriate controller that has the capability. RH input (AI), mod output (AO), failures, etc. What type humidifier? The mfr is always willing to help to get in the spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back