Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

maintenacne schedule of HVAC Chiler system

Status
Not open for further replies.

khanengr

Electrical
Sep 29, 2012
PK
Dear All,

I am an electrical engineer, and I am confort with the challenge of planning and scheduling maintenace activities of newly installed HVAC system, whose system specifications are as follow, kindly help me in giving your valuable feedback that maintenance activites I have to perform on system to keep it well:

1. Air Cooled Chiller (01 No) of 102 tonn, make: Carrier Model: 30xa0402-0240-PEE-
2. Air Handling Unit (04 No) of 39G1522H71NTL2M9AIFRST Carrier
and assosiated water pumps, expansion tanks, water make up tanks and ofcourse piping.

Also, can you advice what chemical I have to add in water circuit to keep my system corrosion free.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i will not reinvent the wheel, but golden rule of maintenance is to keep it simple whenever you can.

noone but manufacturer can give you dependable advice on chemical protection of system. if you don't have it in equipment manuals, ask it from manufacturers in written.

if equipment is too old, and manufacturer disappeared, you need to rely on some chemical company specialized in that. there is very little generic chemical compounds in direct application, chemical suppliers have their brands, and if you are not master expert in chemistry follow the mentioned path, do not try to play lottery with generic compounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back