Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a solid body cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilviaYs

Bioengineer
Jan 21, 2009
BE
Hi,
I'd like to make a cut in a solid body and then delete a partion of it. To make that I need to follow a plane.
How can I draw a plane with a particular inclination?
How can I then cut the solid body?

Thanks for the help,
Silvia

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Which version of UG?

NX6 has more options.

If you want to trim a portion of the solid,prefer to make a sketch,create trim sheet and trim.

Hope this helps
Thanks

You could manage this in a few different ways.

The first (and probably most used) would be a boolean subtract. The workflow to do it will depend on what methods you use to create the tool body for cutting.

You could also create a sheet and as long as the sheet completely intersects the target solid Trim Body could be used.

Patch Body could also be used.

Without seeing what you want to do, it's a little difficult to offer more information or suggestions.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

which version of UG are you using??

As wheelguy posted,first boolean substract would be perfect,,or other options would be as follows
1)trim body(u can trim the body as u need using planes..)
2)divide face(u can do the same using planes,surface,wcs etc)

Is your problem is how to create a inclined plane?if so,provide some details it would be easy..and anyone of help you,i think to create inclined plane you can search previous posts

UG NX5,SOLID WORKS

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7c0b3fb3-5337-4dbd-9a84-c8d7fd9f76ed&file=trim.docx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back