Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manuals or books GRIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeform

Automotive
May 13, 2003
US
I would like to learn more about GRIP. Any recommendation besides taking a course.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nope.

No CAST and no CadPo i.get.it on GRIP.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Thanks, seems like an opportunity for some of the GRIP people to write a book. “DUMMYS” guide to GRIP programming or something like that. Looslib, you seem very knowledgeable about grip, think about it.

freeform

The problem is that UGS PLM Solutions is not enhancing GRIP and they are encouraging their customers to develop the skills needed to write code using the UG/Open API interface, VC++.

I will answer whatever questuions on GRIP that I can. I have been using it since 1987, UG V4. There are certain functions that GRIP is good at and UGS has said that NX3 will see some GRIP changes to support the new plotting functions being introduced.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I agree... There is a huge potential here for someone like Ben to write a "dummy's guide" to GRIP, for dummys like myself. I'd like to see this. What will it take Ben?

-Derek
DL Engineering Services

specializing in CAD Design Consultation Services

I did at least take the GRIP manuals home along with some CadPo GRIP training manuals and some McDonnell-Douglas ones. (Does this give away how long I have been using UG?)

Too bad CadPo doesn't offer GRIP training any more. They had some good training manuals as well as some tips books and a Pre-V10 to V10 conversion utility that would find the obsolete and changed syntax statements.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back