Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass in FOP Table in draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADinsides

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2008
GB
Is it possible to have the mass of the part as one of the variables showing in the Family of Parts table in the drafting environment?

I currently have a PMI call out with the mass reference to the current part member whilst in sheet metal mode, but this is as far as I have got.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I found that unless you opened up the actual FoP member part file and updated the Physical Properties then that FoP member had no mass anyway... does your FoP member have a mass value?

M

If I went into a individual member file it wouldn't have a mass, but I'm currently changing between the members in the master file and reading the callout with the mass property text after I have applied a member.

All the other variables from the master file can be pulled through into the FOP table but I would like to link the property text to a variable in the master and then have this show in the table or work it some other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back