Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass not displaying in BOM correctly, [...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzee

Military
Oct 10, 2007
US
Hello all,

I am having an issue with a BOM in an assembly. I have 3 parts in the assembly and they are all displayed in the BOM correctly ecspt the mass only displays in 2 of the parts. The other part will display the weight until I update the part list and then it changes to [...]. Any thoughts on why it might be doing this? Thanks for any help.

Joel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

check the cell properties (style) of the weight that doesn't work correctly, and compare it to the weights of the cells that work correctly, and see if they are the same . . .
especially the cells and fit methods tabs

As jerry1432 has alluded to, when you see something like [...] it's generally an indication that something in the cell's format settings are not allowing the text string to be properly displayed. Perhaps the missing value requires more room so that all the digits are able to fit in the allotted space.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John,
I tried to spread out the cell a little farther and that does not work either. The values that are coming in are 444# and 107# and the one that is missing is 5#. I can get the 5# to show up briefly by relinking it to the body measurement, but when I update the parts list then it goes back to [...]. I will try to delete the cell and add a new note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back