Status
Not open for further replies.

Erkamal

Mechanical
Mar 31, 2003
IN
Hi Friends,
i am working in valve industry related with API 6A,
i am making material specification . Clause 5.2 material specification.

For clause 5.4 body , bonnet and end & outlet connection ,
In processing ( clause 5.4.3.2 hot working practice ) . Does hot working practice make by material manufacturer or API 6A product manufacturer?

i confuse cause , in API6A , clause 5.4.3.2 hot working practice, only have written that manufacturer shall document the hot working practice.

Kamlesh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The "manufacturer" is the party in contract with the purchaser. Since a sub-contractor, who would be the most likely to have documented hot working practices, is generally deemed to be under the control of the manufacturer, it should simply be a case of verifying the documentation from the sub-contractor and transmitting it to the purchaser if so required.

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

Most cases that I know,
Manufacturer (API 6A product manufacturer) need to have specs that has to be fulfilled by sub-contractor (material manufacturer).
The specs is required to limit the end result product that manufacturer required.
During specs document creation, manufacturer might use some advice from their sub-contractor itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back