Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Materials Handler - Pipe Fabrication and Valves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PamL

Materials
Apr 15, 2024
CA
I am searching for classes. I have lots of hands on knowledge but I do lack the vocabulary to sound like I know what I am talking about. I am wanting to learn more about valve part compatibility and how to identify the different seats and coatings of those valve parts. I also want to learn more about cross referencing Specs like CSA vs ASME, what metals can handle what products of fluid, reading P&IDs better & navigation specs -the book that breaks down what is allowed on each line. Things like why is Cat 2 considered better than Cat 1, LCC vs LF2, all the lil things that I end up going to google to learn from when I feel like I need a text book to study from. lol I have been printing articles off the net and making my own binder to study, many links which I have gotten from people on this site :)
UGH, do I have to go to QC school?!! I think QC is too broad for what I am looking for but I am also thinking there's no trade for my type of parts job. I want to feel more confident in my job and getting legit education for my job will help me get a raise and an actual title instead of just 'laborer'. I also don't want to have to go to a big city shop to get educated, I want to support local shops that are not bought out, . . yet. Or maybe I have to go work for vendors to learn more

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back