MATHCAD 11, by Mathsoft (NOT PTC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDree

Mechanical
Dec 12, 2015
NL
Hi fellow engineers,

I'm desperately seeking the pre-PTC Mathcad11 software, build by MathSoft.
I do have a running version of Mathcad Client 2001, and can help you get a copy if you want.
The Mathcad11 however has better MathML / HTML integration. I need it!

Who can help? Please? [bigears]

Rgds,
Dr.Dree

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Under MathSoft all of the odd numbered versions were solid, none of the even numbered versions were any good. I am thinking that MathSoft's development cycle put new features in the even numbered versions and fixed the bugs created by the new features in the odd numbered versions, but that is simply conjecture. I found 11, 13, and 15 to all be rock solid (and after the V12 debacle I was never going to "upgrade" again, but the comments in this forum convinced me to buy V13, skip V14 and buy V15). I'm currently running a copy of V15 that I bought from MathSoft and was able to convert the license to PTC a few years ago by purchasing an early version of Prime. I haven't seen Prime 5, but if it is like Prime 4 then I'll stick with V15 as long as it will run.

[bold]David Simpson, PE[/bold]
MuleShoe Engineering

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei, Italian Physicist

I skipped 14 so I don't know if MathSoft got that one right or not. Sounds like they did.

MuleShoe Engineering

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei, Italian Physicist

zdas04 said:
Under MathSoft all of the odd numbered versions were solid, none of the even numbered versions were any good.
CorelDRAW has a similar issue... I always suggest people to skip the even-numbered updates.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

I always thought MC13 was too close in time to MC12 to be that "solid" and that it really took until MC15 to fix everything Mathsoft broke by rewriting the code in MC12.

In any case, MC15 is certainly the most viable version, given that they're still using it for converting old worksheets into Mathcad Prime format.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

I never had a problem with V13, and would likely still be using it if I could have bought a 64 bit version by the time my 32 bit computer died and I "upgraded" to 64 bit. By then my option was V15.

MuleShoe Engineering

is V15 the PTC version?
isnt a paid version is quite expensive for a private person?

Any tips to a old downloadable version of MC11?

i tried SMath. It's good, but limiting on graphs and units

anyway, i fiddled around as a true engineer, and have a copy of V14 running now! [censored]

thank you all for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back