Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mathcad Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhelzki

Mechanical
Jun 11, 2010
PH
Hello all!!! Can mathcad perform programming with flowcharts,subroutines primarily for solving matrices relating to analysis of structures using stiffness matrix method?Thanks all in advance for the info...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That depends on what you are trying to do. Mathcad comes with a selection of built-in functions and operators for solving differential equations and other things.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

I think it'll probably do what you want, but to be honest if that is all you want there are better, faster and cheaper tools. I haven't tried to write any substantial programs in Mathcad, just loops two layers deep and a few if statements. Actually subroutines are out of my scope.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

I've already performed matrix inversion in Mathcad to solve for the unknowns, and also transformation matrix...I'm planning to write a program to do this tasks in a programmed manner such using flowcharts..Actually,Just being curious on how pipe stress analysis software are being programmed..Thanks in advance for the inputs....Especially if there are pipe stressers reading this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back