CA
Hello All,

Anyone can share the micro to compare two excel file for minor change,

thanks a lot

Capture_-5_ysecna.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

How many worksheets in each workbook need to be checked?

What do you consider a minor change versus a non-minor change?

Possible changes might be 1) a misspelling, 2) a different word, 3) a missing word or something more catastrophic.

When a minor change is encountered, what action do you want to occur other than changing the font color for the word to RED as in your example. However, both "BELTS" and "BELS" should be colored, because the macro is not a mind reader, just looking for differences, unless it is assumed that one worksheet is correct.

When a non-minor change is encountered, what action do you want to occur?

I would assume that when no change is encountered, that no action would need to occur.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thanks for the link MintJulep, I hadn't heard of Spreadsheet Compare, and it sounds useful.

For comparing data in two single columns I just use an IF function:

=IF(TRIM(...)=TRIM(...),"","*****")

and copy that down as far as required, making sure that the cell addresses are relative (no $).

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Hello Skip, mint and IDS,

Thanks for your time.
I have an issue with some bilingual placards. we have one master excel file that contains correct spelling of each words (French, German ....) and we should use the same words on
Catia dwg file but some time while checking the dwg I got some different arrangements for same word. for example German word MUSS at one place is dwg I saw MOSS,
please review below image
Capture_-6_hdhh0w.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back