Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Weldment Mate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

overkill04

Mechanical
May 9, 2005
CA
Hi All,

I have a weldment which keeps telling me that there's an error with a distance6 dimensional constraint. It tells me that this dimension is part of "Body-Move/Copy8". The problem is I can't find this Body-Move/Copy8 anywhere in the feature tree.

My best guess is that the "Body-Move/Copy8" is from a part I inserted to the weldment and then deleted. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Specs, Intel Pentium M 2.16 Mhz
SW 2007 R2.2
1.5 Gb Ram
NVidia GE Force GO 6800 256Mb

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey josephy,

The problem is that I can't even find this mate in the feature tree. I'll do some more digging.

SW 2007 R2.2
1.5 Gb Ram

Hi overkill,

CBL makes a very good point. Quick question are you in a part or an assembly? In other words did you mate bodies (in a part) or components (in an assembly)?

cheers,

Hey sorry for the slow reply. I'm modeling a part so there is no mate folder.

It's basically a welded frame with parts inserted and moved.

Cheers

SW 2007 R2.2
1.5 Gb Ram

Hi Overkill,

Pls try this:

For every move feature, edit the feature and examine each mate and see if there are any errors. You may need to reselect some faces to fix this.

cheers,

Joseph

I have had similar problems with the split command. I usually end up starting over, because it will always look for a parent that isn't there. Maybe try breaking external references?

That is a strange one.

The simplest "fix" is to delete the "S3410 CENTER ANGLE" and re-insert both it and the "S3403 INNER SLIDE MOUNTING PLATE" which gets removed with it.

[cheers]

Indeed it is a strange one. I think it's leading to cut list problems as well. The problem from my other post has re-emerged and I'm missing 2 or three cut list items.

I'll try re-inserting those parts and see how that affects things.

By the way Corey, any idea on how to remove the reference planes that were left from a previous part deletion?

Thanks for the help people.

SW 2007 R2.2
1.5 Gb Ram

That's another strange one. I had tried to delete those, but they can only be hidden.

Prsonally, I would rebuild the weldment. It shouldn't take too long and might help prevent further problems down the road. Suffer a little now to save a lot of suffering later.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back