model image quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidCreative

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2004
CA
Hi,

I am a new user to inventor, although I do have 8 years of solidworks experience. I am trying to improve the way inventor looks. I'm basically trying to make it look like my old solidworks. I turned on gradient backgrounds, and the models edge lines (silhouettes) as black. The models image quality just doesn’t look as good. The models edges appear to look like broken or hidden line types. Not a solid edge. The model doesn’t have as nice shading, and overall all the edges look a little choppy. The graphics card is better then my last so I'm sure it should at least meet what I had before.

Can any help with how I can improve on some of these things mentioned.

I attached a picture for reference.

Thank you very much!

Matthew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes try switching to openGL.
What graphics card do you have? Graphics card driver version?
Can you turn on anti-aliasing for the graphics card itself in its settings? Does your card have a setting for Autodesk inventor in its settings

In inventor application options/display tab turn display quality to smooth.

If you are trying to make it look as good as solidworks you will have a hard time but the above may help. I find the text of say dimensions within the drawing borders look appalling when you zoom in on them or try to export a decent image. However there are also a set of tools if you want to customise the colours to what you had in solidworks as standard Inventor does not give much choice
Look in Programs files/Inventorxxxx/SDK/tools/users/colourschemeeditor.

Once installed you can change many more colour options than standard

I changed to open GL and it improved a bit the image quality.
Then drawings started appearing with random black squares over the dimension text and Inventor started locking up and crashing. Downloaded latest driver but it still happened so guess I will have to go back to standard crappy graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back