Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modeling Upturned perimeter Post tensioned beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCMKS

Structural
Sep 11, 2007
US
I have an upturned beam at the perimeter of a parking structure that i am designing. I'm trying to model the upturned beam in ADAPT PT but i cannot see to 'trick' the program to model the 'L' section. I want the program to realize the fact that the CG of the section will be closer to the bottom fiber (i.e. closer to the slab where the effective width is 8t beyond the face of the beam), does anyone have any tips?

FYI: it is unbonded beam supported an unbonded 1-way PT slab.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe you can´t do what you want in ADAPT PT. There is a way to change the datum line of the section (changing Rh parameter), but not the height of the flange with respect to the beam) Do you really need to be able to model it as an inverted L? With not as a rectangular beam?

the reason i need to model it as an L is to correctly capture the center of gravity of the section, so i get a more accurate post-tensioning profile and associated bonded reinforcements. I would imagine there would be composite action between the upturned post tensioned beam and the slab, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back