Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify/Add Special Charaters in Callouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinBellehumeur

Industrial
May 21, 2008
CA
Callouts (among other text features) permit the addition a specific list of special characters (ex: adding "%DG" will add a degree symbol).

I was wondering if it's possible to customize these special characters, or add our own characters that we use a lot.

The main goal in fact is displaying the centerline symbol (C with an L crossing it).

On another note (referencing another of my posts that has not been answered), is it possible to make a certain amount of the callout italic or bold, and not the whole thing?

Cheers,
Martin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks!

Now, is there a way to have this symbol in a callout? Personally I can't stand the textbox and would rather use the callouts... if all else fails, I might not have a choice...

Martin

Right click on the call-out, goto properties and change the font to IGES 1001. BUT all text in the call-out will be changes so, you might need to use two or more call-outs.

Whether you can have it in your callout depends on what font you are using, and the callout can only be one font.
You will need to have a look through character map to see if the symbol is included. I wouldn't hold too much hope as it's a fairly special character that is usually only in a few fonts.
What I usually do is leave a few spaces in the main callot, then add another with the special charactes over the top.
At least they stay together when moved.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back