Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mold Wizard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JChurch77

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2010
US
Are there any people here that use mold wizard on a regular basis? I would like to see how beneficial it is to you versus just creating a mold design from a "set aside library" of non parametric components. What I mean by non-parametric components is, we have a library of just part files with ejector pins, interlocks, etc. that are just imported into a part file (1) that we configure a mold design from. We have the license for mold wizard and no training on the application and it is NEVER used. I have ran thru the tutorial and to be honest it creates a mold that is very different in structure than what we have done for years. I would really like to set up mold wizard here and would like to see an example of someone elses design. We would like to incorporate our library into the mold wizard functions......seems like that might take some time. Any feed back would be great, and an example even better. Our final designs consist of one (1) part file containing the entire mold design, using layers to navigate thru the design. I would like to actually set it up and use Part Navigator and Assembly navigator for the design. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have a lot of work to do. How long have you been using NX? Why are you creating everything in a single part file with layers (that is a 20 year old process)? You need to understand how to use assemblies in NX and then build a master clonable mold base and dozens of parametric parts/assemblies that represent re-usable mold components (slides/lifters, pins, etc...). I would spend a little time doing this first as this is the level you should be at before Mold Wizard can have the desired value. If you get to this point you can use Mold Wizard tools without completely using Mold Wizard for fully automated mold design.

I am very capable of using assemblies. I have created many designs using assemblies. My problem here at my particular place of employment is that I work with two individuals who have been using NX for many years and have never used assemblies and frankly aren't even interested/willing to give it a chance. That's why I would like to show them a design that has been done in mold wizard an possibly get the ball rolling. I myself have been to schooling for unigraphics and am very familiar with the appropriate modern way NX works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back