Moment load in Mechanica 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricSundman

Mechanical
May 18, 2007
US
Hello,

When I apply a moment load in Mechanica to the end of a 3d solid model of a cylindrical shaft, I get the error message "The moment component of a specified load will have no effect
because the surface to which it is applied is not associated
with any shells". But, that error message doesn't tell me how to correct the problem.

-Eric Sundman

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey Eric,

In the Force/Moment dialog box, click the advanced button. Choose the drop down under Distribution and choose "total load at point". Then selcect the center point about which the moment load will act.

Good luck,

Steve

Hi STEVE! Would like to ask if what is meant by this error message when I apply torque at a certain point. It says, "THE LOAD IS UNDEFINED ON THE CYLINDRICAL UCS Z AXIS OR ON THE SPHERICAL UCS THETA = 0 AXIS". Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Not sure. I haven't seen that error before. It may be that mechanica doesn't like the application of a torque load in any other coordinate system than cartesian.

Is the csys that is references for the torque loading a cylindrical or spherical? If so, try to create a cartesian csys in the same location with one of the axes (x, y, or z) parallel to the Z axis on the cylindrical.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back