Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

-- More than 2,000 people dead - powerful earthquake strikes western Afghanistan, 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We could ask them to observe women's rights, in exchange... but it won't happen.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

The West: Western culture is a pox on the world.

Also The West: We're going to need to to adopt western culture before we render any assistance.

Sorry guy, it's human decency... [pipe]

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Yup...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Pretty much sums it up...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Can we just supply humanitarian aid ?... Food, water, blankets, medicine, tents

All stamped with: US RED CROSS "Gift of the American People" .....

... I am sure someone will complain bitterly about this ....

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

That just perpetuates the 'ugliness'... humanitarian has to start from within...

-----*****-----

-Dik

another reason not to assist.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Good luck with that. Republican house. Gov closed. Out to lunch for the foreseeable future.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

I feel like you lot need to find a place to have your political discussions that doesn't involve derailing the threads immediately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why yes, I do in fact have no idea what I'm talking about

Ya... keep Republicans and Democrats out of the discussion.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Not all the Mujahedeen turned into Taliban; that was civil war that we didn't bother to take sides on. Nothing new there.

> We supported the Shah until the Iranians revolted

> We supported Saddam against the Iranians until he got too big for his britches.

> We supported and still support the Saudis even though they've never really disavowed all their terrorist surrogates and they assassinate journalists at will.

> We supported Imran Khan until he decided to not support Ukraine, as seemingly do a lot of people on this site.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Henry Kissinger, the ‘good guy’ war criminal, put it succinctly, “It may be dangerous to be America’s enemy, but to be America’s friend is fatal.” Truer words were never spoken.

-----*****-----

-Dik

The US was friends with Taliban against Russia, then came back to shoot up the place for 20 years over something the Saudis did.

That's a pretty blatant mischaracterization of events and extremely disrespectful of the thousands of killed in Afghanistan and on 9/11. You conveniently forgot about the govt-sponsored terrorist training camps, decades of protection and arms given to terrorists, purchases of WMDs, and many other issues that led to ousting the Taliban from power. You also conveniently forgot that our troops were quickly welcomed as liberators with few issues for most of the first decade until politics changed our role from an active police force to passive target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back