Mouse pointer lags when moving. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPHESQ

Computer
Apr 4, 2013
US
Hello everyone,
I'm new to Draftsight, I've just got this one problem at the moment and my mouse cursor/pointer lags when moving around the drawing, but moves at normal speed outside the drawing area. I've checked my mouse settings in control panel and every thing looks good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.!

G.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On Fedora 22 I fixed the slow mouse cursor problem by disabling the "Sync to VBlank" option in nvidia-settings under "OpenGL Settings"
I have nVidia TITAN by the way.

11.0.450 has been disabled by Draftsight. 11.2.015 is so slow it is unusable (even with SNA enabled). So I am now using IntelliCAD again--and it will never EXPIRE.

I can confirm the information for DraftSight for Linux.

I'm running DraftSight 2015 SP3 (the Free* version) and got that mouse lag, only on the drawing screen.

By running nvidia-settings from Terminal, going to "OpenGL Settings" and unmarking "Sync to VBlank", the mouse lag was gone.

My Linux Distro:

[pre]
$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS \n \l

$ uname -a
Linux ******* 3.13.0-34-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 13 15:45:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[/pre]

Thanks a lot!

Alex.

I've just installed version 2015 SP3 on my laptop running Linux Mint (Ubuntu based) as the older version of Draftsight had expired and I'm getting the same problem. I'm not using NVIDIA graphics but the built in GPU.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It's unusable at present.

Thanks.

Dear Kalex and others
Many thanks for the tip. I had the same problem in Linux Mint with an Nvidia GeForce GT220 and unmarking "Sync to VBlank" option (accessed via command line "nvidia-settings" did the trick.
Vaughan

Still no solution for this problem on a Linux laptop using the built in GPU? Don't the developers bother to read this forum and take note of the bugs in their system?

The Windows version works fine on the same machine but it's a pain having to switch to Windows for this one program.

Russell.

last year I abandoned the use of DraftSight.

I needed to make some drafsight plans.
I desperately sought a solution to the problem, reported the matter to DraftSight, tried disabling "Sync to VBlank" but it is only valid for NVDIA cards, and I have a ATI.

I came across a hack which is not ideal, but allowing the use drafsight without too much difficulty

before running DraftSight, simply unplug the mouse, once the program has started, plug the mouse, and there:

it works!!!!

the only thing that stopped working is the zoom with the mouse wheel, but you can zoom with the command bar or the touchpad

Brilliant, thanks for that jyb44. it's a bit of a pain in the ar..fternoon but at least it works. Surely it should be a simple matter for the Solidworks team to fix it?

Russell.

I have had this problem as well after having to reinstall Draftsight. The suggestion to start Draftsight without the mouse plugged in partially resolved the problem but not completely. MUCH better and at least usable now.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on laptop using internal display.

Thank you, jyb44.

CB

I had the problem of the mouse pointer lags when moving, on the Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 64-bit. I managed to stop the problem opening the DraftSight from the terminal with the command:

vblank_mode=0 /opt/dassault-systemes/DraftSight/Linux/DraftSight

Starting DraftSight with the mouse unplugged fixes the problem but the mouse wheel doesn't work after plugging it back in. There is a bit of a work-around for this if you have two mice...
[ol 1]
[li]Start DraftSight with one mouse plugged in and the other unplugged[/li]
[li]Plug in the second mouse after DraftSight starts and use this mouse for lag-free detail work[/li]
[li]The first mouse will be laggy but the wheel will work just fine for zooming (use with your other hand)[/li]
[/ol]

Unfortunately the problem persists in DS 2016. If, while in paper space, you activate a model space viewport, the lag returns worse than ever... even after you deactivate the viewport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back