Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving the assembly balloon arrow point 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkersea

Mechanical
Dec 12, 2005
GB
How do you move the arrow head point when using autoballoons to identify parts on an assembly drawing?

When I use autoballoon, the balloon arrows often point to an obscure or weird edge on the part (for example on bolts, it often points to the centre of the edge that is the thread end of the bolt - I want it to point to an edge on the head as this is usually on the outside of the assembly). I'd like to be able to drag or re-connect the arrow head to another edge on the same part.

Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the drafting application go to Edit -> Leader... and choose the 'remove' option. Pick on the leader you want to change, now pick the 'add' option. Pick the bubble callout and then where you want the leader point; drag the bubble to the desired location and you are done.

I'm on NX2 so if you are on a different version the menu locations or dialog boxes may be slightly different but the functionality will be there somewhere.

That's something I've been trying to do for a while. Now all I need is a way to re-associate any retained item balloons because this way doesn't work.

I have had no problem maintaining balloon associativity using this method. One thing I do differently is to add a leader before I delete the original leader. When I update the PL, the balloons update correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back