Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving to Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOPdesigner

Mechanical
Nov 15, 2005
US
I am in process of setting up TcE 2005SR1/2007/8 oh wait, it's really V10.0.3.8, for a pilot test with NX 6. I want to import some assemblies into the database to test. The File-> Import Assembly into Teamcenter seems to work well for this except I need it to catch some related drawing files in the process. I can't figure out how to specify where attach the drawing files to a given item master. After the fact, do I have to use the ug_import command to do this while running from the teamcenter menu command window (currently this is giving me a cannot connect to database error) or is there a way to bring the drawings in through the gui after the assembly has already been imported?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. It looks like Teamcenter environment is not setup properly, try setting up the following variables manually before running the program

IMAN_ROOT
IMAN_BIN
IMAN_DATA

then call %IMAN_DATA%\iman_profilevars.bat

2. You need to run ugmanager_import.exe tool with a mapfile to import dwg files, you could use this tool to import both 2D and 3D at the same time. check the documentation for map file settings.

sample code from NX5 import:

C:\Program Files\UGS\NX 5.0\Ugmanager\ugmanager_import.exe -part=G:\Engineering\Import_Test\xyz-02.prt -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -mapping=xyz-mapfile.txt -search=xyz.txt -dryrun

3. Other wise you could create a UGPART dataset manually in Teamcenter and import the dwg file thru namedreferences, you may have to re-associate the model into your dwg file.

Ram

Thanks Ram, the error was because I did not have the new *.xml files copied from ugmanager folder to the %TC_DATA%\soa\policies folder for NX 6.0.4.3. So that got ug_import command prompt method working. Then I was able to import a stubborn drawing in by your next suggested method and reassociate the drawing assembly to point to the components in TcE instead of looking at the native file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back