Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multilin SR 489 relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocell

Electrical
Mar 31, 2004
PK
We are facing a problem regarding the firmware revisions of the SR 489 relays installed at the our site generators and the spare relay that we have ordered.

Spare SR 489 relay

Serial # : A3230577
F/W Rev: 32 I 15 2A 8.00
MFG date: July 23, 2003

Installed SR 489 relay

Serial # : A3230577
F/W Rev: 32 G 14 1A 8.00
MFG date: Aug 1, 2001

Please let me know whether spare relay firmware is compatible with the installed relay firmware. Please also mention if we replace the spare relay with the installed relay , what necessary steps should be taken.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This would be a question for GE. The folks at the Multilin help desk are very helpful. There are some significant variations between firmware revisions. There are also some optional features you need to verify exist in both versions.

I agree with alehman that you should verify with GE. Generally, going to a later version of firmware should not be a problem, but I would verify.

I agree that you need to check with GE. You can probably upgrade the firmware for the older relay so that both relays are the same. Firmware upgrades are usually quite easy with the GE/Multilin devices.

Ok. Thanks for replying and I am contacting GE for this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back