Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Objects in Specification Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joblack

Marine/Ocean
Jun 7, 2004
ZA
When working on a surface in a geometrical set and for instance, adjust the control points on this surface, a new adjusted surface and the original surface appear in the specification tree. Is there a setting in options that either hides the original surface completely so as it does not appear on the tree or does not make a new surface and keeps the original surface with the adjustment made to it. Am working in non-hybrid mode.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For this I was working in Styled Mechanical Design 1 (YM1). We also have YM2 which is the P2 module of this configuration.

To clarify, this surface appears in the graphics area of the screen as well, ie every time you use "Control Point" edit it makes a new surface on top of the old one and then one can not see what adjustments you are making to this surface as they are now on top of each other. Hence if one is doing multiple control point edits to this surface you end up with a pile of objects of no particular use.

I suppose you are trying to use the "Control Points" Shape modification of the FreeStyle Workbench.

Whenever you access the FreeStyle Workbench, you should see a toolbar named "Tools Dashboard". The third button on this toolbar, called "Keep Original", is what sets this thing for you. See image below:

replaceoriginal.jpg

If the button is "pressed" (see image below), each modification will duplicate the surface that is modified. If the button is not "pressed", the same surface can be modified multiple times.

keeporiginal.jpg

Hope that (still) helps...

Best regards,
Stely

Thanks slcad, no this did not work, still does it, by the way what version and SP are you running?. Am using V5 R19 SP6 (YM1 & YM2)

Sorry, I'm running v5R18 SP7 BN18.

I'm VERY surprised that didn't take care of it...

Haven't used R19 yet, it might behave differently... maybe another one of Dassault's "improvements" :-(

Best regards,
Stely

Have you tried to turn on the "create datum" feature? the button on the left of "keep original" function you can see on slcads picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back