Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious letter F in NX6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkInNorway

Petroleum
Nov 10, 2010
NO
Hello All
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like this at all in NX 6.0.2.8 or any other NX installation for that matter. Every single letter F (only Capital letter F not the small letter f) is missing the middle (see pic) What could possible cause this? I am on a 64 bit machine (HP Z800 using Win XP 64 bit, and have installed NX 6.0.2.8 locally

Any Ideas? I am cluless and have never seen this before.

Kind Regards,
Mark

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it's showing up in the Main Menu bar/header then that would indicate that it's a problem with a system supplied font and NOT NX itself. Try going into Windows and using a different default font or perhaps just change to different size system font.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Update... This problem is something to do with an installed Font (Lubalins) from a DVD software that NX is reading from the HP Z800 Workstation. This is does NOT seem to be a Graphics card issue (NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800). More to come as this problem gets worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back