Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mystik 7455 Tape a.k.a "Rocket Tape"

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspeed

Mar 9, 2003
US
Hi there,

I'm researching for info on Mystik 7455 tape, a high temp. Aluminum/Glass cloth tape and getting very few leads at the moment. I was wondering if there might be any definite sites or repositories that may carry technical info, specs, application and descriptions on this item. Assistance in this is much appreciated as I'm not having much luck at the moment.

Thanks,
Silverspeed

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a direct solution when the name of the product's manufacturer is available for reference, but not in this case. FYI, It wasn't provided by the distributor (despite a request) until after it's use was deemed redundant. Thanks for the reply.

Ss

Silverspeed,

I checked with one of my suppliers, and he couldn't even find a cross-reference to that tape.

Are you looking to match a current tape with the Mystik tape? At the very least, I can hook you up with some samples of some foil/glass tapes (which I can get specs for), though I realize from your post you are trying to find specs for the 7455 tape.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Dave

silverspeed,

I have some information on the strength and use of this tape. It meets MIL-T-83284. I am looking for the density of this particular tape. I see it has been awhile since this was first posted. Have you found any more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back