Nastran default solver

Status
Not open for further replies.

suslu13

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2018
TR
Hi all

Which solver type Nastran default use? Spars or iterative.

How can i switch the other one?

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe Spars mean sparse matrix and not an equation solver.

A sparse matrix occurs if one names the nodes without the due consideration to minimise the storage. Modern software would re-name the nodes interanlly to make the system more compact to reduce storage as well as cut down computation time. When the solution is done the information is converted back to user's convention without him knowing what has happened in between.

Couldn't tell what is inside Nastran. I believe for huge out-of-core equation solvers there are exact method like Guassian elimination. For semi-iterative there is Guassian-Seidel method. Never tried the iterative scheme myself but I suppose it could be the iterative schemes for the matrix inversion.

Since this question is seeking specific advice on using Nastran, it would be better in the Nastran forum.

If you do re-post there you should red-flag this thread to avoid the discussion being split over two different forums.

I would also recommend providing more detail about exactly what you want to do, and avoid using abbreviations.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back