Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need ACAD turning templates 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLervik

Civil/Environmental
Nov 2, 2003
US
I seem to have lost my old ACAD turning templates. Does anybody have some ACAD format templates floating around for use?
I'm looking for either self-digited or freely available templates. If there are copyright issues with your product, then I'm not interested.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not a highway designer so am unfamiliar with the terms WB40 and WB50. Are these semi trucks? I am only trying to set up a site plan with a parking lot where a semi can do a 90 degree turn and back up to a buiding then pull away and finish an almost complete circle in order to get out to the highway again.

Thanks,
DPA

A WB67, which is on of the largest semi trucks on the road and has a trailer length of 53' +/- requires an inside radius of at least 22'.

That is the tightest it can turn with the power steering screaming and the wheels smoking. If you design for a larger than 22' inside radius, you should be fine and the smaller trucks should make the turn with less problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back