Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need an SMT diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambertch

Electrical
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hi,

I'm converting a circuit to SMT design, and in looking for diodes (general purpose, for signal rectification) on digikey, I can't seem to find one in the 1206 2 terminal package, closest I can find is a SOT-23 3 terminal package. Digikey lists a lot of packages that I'm not familiar with, so I'm sure it's one of those. Here's a direct link to the search page I'm looking at.
Can anyone help me find this part?

Thanks,
Ambert

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually, it's slightly smaller than a 1206 package. Regardless, you shouldn't be using another footprint unless you're stuck with a pre-made board and this is a prototype. Doing so leaves you open to mistakes (i.e., flipped components, shorted traces, etc.).

Dan
Owner

For a general purpose SMT diode, try a 1N4148W. Sizes available are SOD-123 (slightly longer than a 1206 but will fit the pads), SOD-323 (approximately 1206 size), and SOD-523 (much smaller than 1206). Suffix added to the part determines the case size. Type "1N4148W" into the DigiKey search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back