Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help on Parameter setup for SS304 1/8'' and 1/4'' thick (Amada LC1212, Lens 5mm)........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackietran

Industrial
Apr 21, 2016
US
Hi all,

Could someone please post the cut conditions of parameter for SS304 1/8'' and 1/4'' Thick (Feed, Power, Freq, Focal, ect. ect.) I want to see where my conditions match with yours because i am getting a poor cut.

Thank you,
JT.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

C-SS0.134_plqgn3.jpg
C-SS0.250_kwrni5.jpg

I would change all the 4000 to 1500 power and reduce the feed by 60% as a starting point. I started with a 2000w laser never 1500w but this is what I would try first.

Hi striker12300,

Thank you for your inform, i put my focal -.79 on lens 5mm but the burr is still at the bottom of sheet metal.
I will try different focal BTW can you post your Pierce & Edge setup screen for me.

Thank you,
JT.

I've also always found starting slow and working your way up to be the best bet. I run a 4kw Mazak U44-SG and overpowering the cuts seems to be quite common when I'm cutting anything that isn't => 3/8"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back