Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need post for laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbr900rrchas

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2006
US
does any one have a post for a Blume laser? I am wanting to post out a program that sets all my tools up only.

thanks for any help
charlie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is for a Blume but I am willing to try any post maybe I can modify to work. The thing I can not figure out is how to output the tool information.

I do not think the heidenhain postprocessor is of use the okuma controller is substantially different from a heidenhain. The heidenhain uses special cycles to initiate the measurements. I guess the okuma uses a combination of parameters and a subprogram. Perhaps you can use the ude I use but that is about it.

here is a sample.

call 09903 pa=3 pb=diameter/2-raduis pe=0.0 ph=vtlcn pm=-1 pq=.001 pr=.003 ps=rpm pu=0 pz=18.

thanks for any help
charlie

global mom_tool_diameter
global mom_tool_corner1_radius
global mom_spindle_speed

set MeasurementOffset [expr {$mom_tool_diameter} / 2.0]
set MeasurementOffset [expr {$MeasurementOffset} - {$mom_tool_corner1_radius}]

MOM_output_literal "call 09903 pa=3 pb=$MeasurementOffset pe=0.0 ph=vtlcn pm=-1 pq=0.001 pr=.003 ps=$mom_spindle_speed pu=0 pz=18."

The above code will not cover all tool geometry available in nx.

jelmer
rouwe-analysis

Jelmer

thank you very much for the help as you can tell I do not know anything about post builder. My question is where do I put those cammands at in post builder?

Thanks
Charlie

Two options:

1) place it in uplevel procedure if you intend to switch it on and off with an ude.

2) place it in an custom command and put it at an appropriate position where the variables are available (auto_tool_change).

Obviously a combination of the two is also possible.

If you have the time and patience download tcl from active state, a help file describing tcl commands is included. Noticed your questions on ugs bbsnotes.

Jelmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back