Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to find a replacement valve for Hydraulic Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellend

Industrial
Aug 4, 2015
US
IMAG0907_k7p2zv.jpg

This valve is from the 70's. It takes 24 volts DC, and it opens one way. There are 2 valves on the Ram, one goes out, one goes in. Same plate on both. The electric part of it shorted down to .6 ohms, so it blows the fuse, therefore I disconnected it and have a human running it manually with the slide button on the bottom. I wrote the program for this machine using a PLC, and ended up the caretaker of this monster. Since I'm not into hydraulics at all, how does one go about finding a 45 year old replacement? I don't even know what the symbol on the plate means. My knowledge of this is simple, if you put 24 volts on the 2 wires, the ram goes out. 24 volts on the other one, it goes in. Both at same time? Never tried.

Thanks for the help with this in advance.

The customer does not care if it's a RexRoth part, or if we just change the electric part, or the whole valve. It just needs to work. So if you can explain the diagram to me, maybe I can find a part to replace this.

Charles

PS: I called RexRoth/Bosch before and got no where with them.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There seem to be 2 valves where 1 could do the job.

That is of course if the valve is sized correctly. It's size 6 valve (CETOP 3) and the modern Bosch Rexroth equivalent is here...

Back in the '70s they may have been stuck for resources or money or ideas or common sense...who knows?

There are lots of alternative suppliers that could help you out. Just give your local hydraulic dealer the part number and let them do the rest.

Thank you, doing that now. I'm not sure why they have 2 valves for this, where other things on this beast use 1 valve for both directions. This valve controls the flow which goes into another hydraulic -> hydraulic valve, so maybe that's why.

press_1_ozed5d.jpg

In the picture, this valve controls the flow in that 12' tall ram sticking above the building.... Bit off more than I can chew? Maybe.

Serial number on this machine is 00001. 100% custom one off build.

IMG_20150816_150959405_fmncau.jpg

New controller I put in it. Click PLC. Thanks for the help, some guy in Utah called me back, he had the coil part in stock. Amazing... $28.00 + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back