Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needed: Many types of 'G' Code. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a software guy working for a 5 axis milling company, and as such I have a (very) little experience with such things as 'G' Code. My company is looking at programming some marketable software and as such they want me (inexperienced as I am) to learn as many types of 'G' Code as possible. Here we use a Bostomatic customized 'G' Code but I am told that elsewhere it is very different. Anyway, onto my question.

Could you advise me as to the best course of finding (and learning) the different types of 'G' Code used by each machine tool?

To properly express my ignorance, I couldn't even guess as to how many different dialects there are. Anything, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The software will/does calculate the overall forces generated by a cutting tool as it moves through different materials, allowing a constant cutting force by selectively adjusting the feedrates. (It is also aware of, and allows for chip load, true machine motion, and a bunch of other stuff.)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back