Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

negative specific heat error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinantufekcioglu

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2009
NL
hi all,i am runnning a structural-thermoelectric analysis on ansys. i am using element plane223 for an axissymmetric model.the model is heated by joule heating. the model has 2 different materials in it and i use transient analysis to solve.

the problem i face is when i click solve->current LS the ansys gives the following error:''The calculated specific heat at constant strain is negative. Please verify the input of thermal material quantities for consistency'' what can be causing this error ?

i checked the material properties they are all positive numbers the only reason i can think of is i didnt define any heat dissipation so the model should get ridiculously hot. but still this doesnt explain why ansys gives a''negative specific heat'' error.i filled density, specific heat, linear isotropic, thermal expansion, thermal conduction and resistivity with positive values.

is there any material property i am missing ? could that be the problem ?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back