Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New ASME Y14.5M? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALOBrazil

Mechanical
Jul 28, 2007
BR
Hello everybody! My first time here! Very nice this site!
Does anybody know if a new version of ASME Y14.5M is coming soon? Thanks for your attention!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know the actual answer, but that standard has been reaffirmed every 5 years since ASME took it over and published published it in 1994. Unless there's some drastic shift in the industry in the next 2 years, I wouldn't expect anything other than another reaffirmation in 2009. Don't take this guest to the bank though. :)

Matt
CAD Engineer/ECN Analyst
Silicon Valley, CA
sw.fcsuper.com
Co-moderator of Solidworks Yahoo! Group

I've heard whispers that some things may be changed to be more consistent/closer match to 14.41 but can't remember more.

I seem to recall somone mentioning a date but can't think what it was.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

I heard the draft would be released this October. However I would not bet any money on it. It would be nice if someone in authority would give us a clue.

"harmonization with ISO standards" Dear load. Who in the ISO world understands these as they relate to TOL? Now they want this in the US? If there there was some benefit to it, I'd be looking forward to this. Anyone wanna convince me? LOL

Matt
CAD Engineer/ECN Analyst
Silicon Valley, CA
sw.fcsuper.com
Co-moderator of Solidworks Yahoo! Group

Q1 2008 huh? Hey Gary, wasn't there a prelim draft out somewhere around 2000? Harmonization with ISO? I'm with you, Matt. The Y14.5 standard smells too much like ISO already, and not for the better in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back