Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Mathcad 2000i version : bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfduroch

Mechanical
Feb 27, 2003
FR
We have recently installed the latest Mathcad version 2000i and have identified a very important problem with it.
We have discovered that it is no longer possible to call functions within user defined functions.
This is for both user defined or library function
ex: F(x,Q) is no longer possible with Q an other function
ex: F(x)= couple of loops including the interpline function (library function) is no longer recognised

This problem represents a very important issue to us as we can not use the programs that we had developped on the previous Mathcad versions the last couple of years.

Does anyone noticed the same issue ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest that you reinstall and/or re-register the DLL's with regtool.exe. This is abnormal behavior and does not occur with V11, so neither should there be a problem with 2001i.

I participate in 3 different Mathcad forums and there have been no reports of the problem as described. The only problem recently reported had to do with single letter function names used with Odesolve. TTFN

The Problem has been resolved with the Mathsoft support team and was partly due to the fact that parameters are no longer initialised to zero by default in the new version. Loop programming was unable to proceed as a result. As a matter of fact it took quite a lot of time to solve. In the process we have lost a bit confidence in the built in functions. Thanks for your input IRstuff -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back