Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new perspective at Solid Works 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanRox

Industrial
Nov 1, 2005
NL
I would like to know if I can add a extra perspective at Solid Works. You've got already Isometric,Trimetric en Dimetric, but I would like to add the next perspective: from left to right 30 degre,90 gdegre,60 degre

How can I add this perspective?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SanRox,
You can add any view you like to each model.
Orient the model the way you want, Go to standard view toolbar, view orientation, and name the new view there.
Then, when you get to your drawing, you can place the view with the newly saved orientation.

I have a feeling by the way you ask that you want the view always available. Perhaps other heavy hitters know how to achieve this.

regards,
dsgnr1

¿)

At some point you just have to shoot the engineer and build the dang thing.

SanRox,

You can achieve your view the way dsgnr1 describes. You will need to manually rotate your model into the desired orientation and save that view orientation so it can be re-used. If you want to have this view available in evey model you will need to create a macro that automatically creates the view orientation you are looking for. Once you create a new model you run the macro and the view orientation will be added.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
SW 2006 SP 1.0EV

But how do I know that the middle section is exactly 90 degre. Is there no function to lett the program calculate this?

There is a macro freely available that creates 8 isometric views. By searching this forum or searching the net you could find that macro and modify it as you want.If you are unable to find the macro let me know and I will find a way to send it to you.

Custom views do get stored in templates, so if you make a new assemby, create the required views and save it as your new default assembly you won't even have to use the macro on new designs.

Stefan Hamminga
Mesken BV
2005 Certified SolidWorks Professional
Mechanical designer/AI student

Welcome to the forum SanRox...
Looks like you owe a star to StefanHamminga

Good catch Stefen!

regards,

dsgnr1

¿)

At some point you just have to shoot the engineer and build the dang thing.

This may seem stupid, but I just set me arrow keys up to a certain degree in the system options menu and then use my arrow keys to set the model in a perspective that I want. Click the Spacebar, click middle telescope and save the new view and use that new view in my drawings.

Maybe old school but that's just me I suppose.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

I do the same thing Scott.

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

It worked great in SW2003. I updated my templates using the "IsoViews - All 8 of them FAQ559-529" macro back then & have used those templates ever since. I guess the SW05 macro "calls" (?) must have changed.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back