Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

New "sheeter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsbm

Structural
Apr 17, 2001
US
I have limited experience with Excel, but I would like to start making my own spreadsheets for repetitive and time-consuming calculations. From there, I would like to get to the point of all my calculations being "push-button."

First, any advice or links to spreadsheets already created? Secondly, can the data results from the spreadsheet be somehow used to automatically develop an Acad drawing?

Thanks for the help. Great forum.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lindsbm

There are tons of files out there on every subject... The question really is what subject are you looking for?

You want to make them push button... Excel macros and VBA can accomplish anything you can imagine

Spreadsheet data can be used to create ACAD drawings... there are lots of discussions about that on this forum...

All this is a bit general, but we need a little more specific subject to get you pointed in the right direction..

For now check out what excel can do at...

Have a great day!

Scott

By my experience it seems that every new Excell project requires some function I have never worked with before, either that or I am becoming more demanding of myself.

I personally find it easier to first write the worksheets as best I can, then I envision how I would like the sheet to work, then I go and either learn what is required, or search and find the download that allows me to do what I want to.

One good simple set of add in tools I have downloaded and use frequently for years is Pup2000 by J-Walk

PUMPDESIGNER

Thanks for the responses and links. I will check those out. In response to ByDesign, I am looking for structural applications for steel structures and foundation designs (especially spread footings).

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back