Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No parameters in Sketcher using Operations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSrac

Aerospace
Nov 5, 2003
US
I created a sketch which is a cross section of a drill bit. I wanted to create half the profile, then mirror to duplicate, then symmetry to get the opposite side of the drill profile. The problem is Operations won't allow me to preselect or multi select the sketch geometry, so I have to select the goemetry one at a time, and I get no Parameters or transfors in the SPEC. tree. I'v had this before in Sketcher using Operations tool bar. I wonder if this is normal? Part design saves mirror with parameters and changing the sketch changes both halves. Using V5 R12.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the input. I tried again, this time it worked in Symmetry If I pre select the geometry only. I think before I had selected the Sketch which tried to Sym the constraints. What seems odd is if I use Mirror or Symmetry I Don't get an option to copy the constraints. With rotate I get to keep the Constraints , but I don't see my rotate operation in the Spec. tree.
Thanks again. I have been using Catia for about 10 years but I only have about 250 hours on V5 (including class), and I only have a license to test. We're not in production yet.

If you want your Mirror Constraints which is a thing I've been annoyed by in Catia Sketcher. Try using the AutoConstraint Icon and then selecting your mirror line as a symetry reference right after performing the Mirror Command.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back